DosingNot an actual patient
INGREZZA® (valbenazine) capsules—once-daily dosing without complex titration1
The only VMAT2 inhibitor that offers the ease of one capsule, once daily1
Two dosing options that work1
- VMAT2=vesicular monoamine transporter 2.
- Not actual size.
INGREZZA is the MOST PRESCRIBED FDA-APPROVED TD treatment for adults2,a
- a Data identified from Q2 2018 through Q1 2019.
Initial dosage of INGREZZA is 40 mg once daily for one week. After the first week, INGREZZA 80 mg is the recommended dose, but INGREZZA 40 mg may be considered for some patients1
- Once on INGREZZA 80 mg, adjusting back to 40 mg may be considered based on your patient's individual treatment needs1
- In clinical trials, investigators could decrease the 80 mg dose once at any time during the study due to tolerability. Participants were discontinued if the new dose was not tolerated3
In clinical trials, patients receiving INGREZZA were allowed to remain on their stable treatment regimen3
In KINECT 3, the most common types of concomitant medications were2,3
- Antipsychotics (85.5%)
- Antidepressants (66.5%)
- Anticholinergics (37.0%)
- Antiepileptics (35.2%)
- Anxiolytics (27.7%)
- ACE inhibitors (25.1%)
INGREZZA can be taken with or without food1
Choose the appropriate INGREZZA® (valbenazine) capsules dose based on your patient’s needs1
Dosing recommendations for patients with complex medical histories1
|Moderate to severe hepatic impairment||Recommended dose 40 mg|
|Known CYP2D6 poor metabolizers||Consider dose reduction based on tolerability|
|Strong CYP3A4 inducers||Concomitant use not recommended|
|Strong CYP3A4 inhibitors||Reduce dose to 40 mg|
|Strong CYP2D6 inhibitors||Consider dose reduction based on tolerability|
|MAOIs||Avoid concomitant use|
|Digoxin||Digoxin concentrations should be monitored when coadministered; may need to adjust digoxin dosage|
- MAOIs, monoamine oxidase inhibitors.